A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary is New
Established in October 2007, the seminary bears the name of A.W. Tozer (1897-1963) and offers to students all over the world a flavor that is familiarly Tozeresque. A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary is for people who long to know God personally and have resolved to learn better how to mine for the treasures of God's self-revelation in Scripture, in the church's shared thinking about God's Word, in creation, and worship and prayer.
A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary is part of Simpson University. The seminary originally began in 1977 in San Francisco as the Graduate School of Ministry at Simpson College. In 1989, Simpson College relocated to Redding, California. In 2004, Simpson College became Simpson University. Over the last 20 years, the overall Simpson community has grown from 200 to more than 1,200 students. Founded in 1921, Simpson University was named after A.B. Simpson, founder of the The Christian & Missionary Alliance and a 19th century evangelist highly esteemed by many, including D.L. Moody and A.J. Gordon. In 1943, A.W. Tozer wrote a biography of A.B. Simpson called Wingspread.
A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary honored its first graduate in January 2010. The best way to assess the effectiveness of A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary is to meet our graduates. The focus at A.W. Tozer Theological Seminary is to teach students, to love students, to help students, and to pray for students as they become graduates who go into the world as disciple-making witnesses of Christ, giving to others from the treasures of Christ, all to the glory of God.